Thursday, December 11, 2008

The joys of Horses

As we approach the Christmas season, and look back on our year and what we are thankful for, I would like to share a few stories. As a riding instructor, it brings me joy to see the kids I work with fall in love with horses. Two of my former students have bought their own horse (one from my herd) and another former student leases a horse. Seeing people fall in love with horses enough to make a committment to their own is pure joy.
A client, we'll call "Sue", called me a month after a Personal Development workshop (interacting with the horses to learn about herself). She said things that she learned about herself during that session still was impacting her. "Sue's" family noticed a difference in how she communicated and handled pressure!
These and many more stories are the stories that bring me joy daily working at Pillar Ranch. Changing lives through horses is what I love.